This tab contains reports that display conversion statistics measured for the currently edited multivariate test.
The From and To fields on the right can be used to enter a time period for the reports. Only conversion hits that were logged during the specified interval will be included in the data.
The following options allow you to choose which unit of time should be used in the reports:
This selection determines the length of time which is represented by individual units in the report's graphs and the precision that can be specified in the From and To fields.
Data in the reports is represented by two possible types of graphs. The line charts show the progress of the selected conversion statistic over time and display the total values for all of the tested content combinations. The bar graphs contain details for individual units of time according to the selected report type (hours, days, months etc.). The Conversions drop‑down list may be used to select which conversion's statistics should be displayed. Reports for the following MVT testing metrics are included:
•Conversions count - displays the number of conversion hits logged for the current MVT test. If the (all) conversions option is chosen, then the sum of the hits logged for all conversion types will be shown. In the line chart, the conversion count is added together for all content combinations defined on the current page. In the bar graph, the number of conversion hits is divided into categories that represent individual combinations. This allows you to compare the tested content combinations and determine which one generated the most conversions (in absolute terms).
•Conversions value - displays the sum of the conversion values logged for the current MVT test. If the (all) conversions option is chosen, then the combined values of all logged conversions will be shown. In the line chart, the values are added together for all content combinations defined on the current page. In the bar graph, the conversion values are sorted into categories that match individual combinations, which allows you to compare them and determine which one generated the highest total conversion value. This way you can easily evaluate the results of the MVT test when using weighted conversions that have a different level of importance.
•Conversions rate - this statistic is calculated as the amount of logged conversion hits divided by the total number of visitors on the tested page. If the (all) conversions option is chosen, then the rate will be measured as the percentage of visitors who generated at least one conversion hit of any type. In the line chart, the rate is displayed for the amount of visitors and conversion hits logged for all content combinations defined on the current page. In the bar graph, the conversion rate is shown for individual combinations. This allows you to compare the tested combinations and determine which one encouraged the highest share of its visitors to perform a conversion.
•Conversions by combinations - displays details about the number of conversion hits logged for individual content combinations defined on the current page. You can select the combination that you wish to evaluate from the Combinations drop‑down list. If the MVT test is used for multiple culture versions of the page, you can also specify the culture. The hits logged for the chosen combination are divided into categories that match individual conversions. This allows you to easily measure which conversions are performed most commonly by visitors assigned to the selected content combination.
The following actions may also be performed for every report:
• Save - saves the report in its current state (according to the selected time interval). To view saved reports at a later time, go to CMS Desk -> Tools -> Reporting, select the matching report under the M/V testing category and switch to the Saved reports tab.
• Print - allows the report to be printed. The available options depend on the used browser.
• Delete data - can be used to clear all conversion hits logged during the specified time period for the current MVT test. Please note that this permanently removes the data from the database. This action is only available for users who have the Manage data permission for the Web analytics module.
• Subscribe - opens a new dialog where you can subscribe to the report. Subscribing allows you to periodically receive e‑mails with the up‑to‑date content of the given report. It is also possible to subscribe to a specific reporting component (graph or table) by right clicking on it and selecting the Subscribe to option in the displayed context menu.
The data displayed in the reports can be exported into external files using various formats. This can be done by right clicking on a specific graph or table, which will open a context menu offering the following export options:
• Export to Excel - exports the data displayed by the given object to an XLSX spreadsheet.
• Export to CSV - exports data to a CSV file.
• Export to XML - exports data to an XML file.
After you select an action from the menu, your browser's standard file download dialog will pop up, letting you open or save the file with the exported data just like when downloading any other type of file. For more details on the data export feature, please refer to the Modules -> UI data export chapter of the Developer's Guide.
More resources can be found in Developer's Guide -> Modules -> Website optimization -> Multivariate testing.