MPA Skills’ strategic direction recognizes a broader purpose to work with our stakeholders to deliver sustainable levels of appropriately trained plumbers and painters for the Industry in Western Australia. These solutions include our primary functions of training and apprentice group hire for plumbing and painting. MPA Skills may also undertake any associated development activity, such as marketing industry-related products/services and pursuing industry-related opportunities on a commercial basis.
MPA Skills values are:
- Put safety first: In everything we do, we are committed to putting safety first
- Respect our customers: We stay committed to our customers to achieve the best training and development solutions
- Work together: We work collaboratively to achieve consistent results that are in MPA Skill’s and the customers’ collective interests
- Make a positive difference: We are focused on being innovative and creative when adding value to customers and accept accountability for delivering results
- Earn trust: We work to earn the trust of others and deliver on commitments
- Act like it’s our own business: MPA Skills is our business and our actions will always reflect this
Back from left:
Wayne Morling (General Manager), Tim Swift, Bill Busby, Graham Williams, Ron Grant, Trevor Wilson.
Front from left:
Murray Thomas (CEO), Alan Walters, Jack Mast (Chairman), Geoff Kelly, Noel Abercromby.