MPA Skills offers Pre-Apprenticeships for both Painting and Plumbing
A Pre-Apprenticeship course will give a student a true insight in to the industry they are considering. This is the first step to gaining a full-time apprenticeship and demonstrates to a potential employer that a candidate has a real idea of what the job is about and what is expected of them.
The units completed on the pre-apprenticeship will be credited against the training completed in your first year of your apprenticeship. MPA Skills will direct you in securing your work experience placement, which forms part of the ‘job hunting’ training each student receives.
Our aim is to make you employable which could ultimately lead to employment by our own Apprentice Employment division for a number of successful candidates.
To apply for the Plumbing or Painting Pre Apprenticeship you must:
- Read the Pre App Fact Sheet
- Click on the Enrol Now, choose which course & complete the enrolment form (this does not confirm your place)
- Important- On the last page of the enrolment process, you will see a section that says “Document Upload”. In this section, please upload a copy of your birth certificate, latest school report and previous qualifications (if you have any) eg- white card, first aid certificate, Cert II or III etc. Please note- without these documents, your enrolment will not be processed. If you are of school age we need a completed NOA (Notice of Assessment) or Exemption form- http://det.wa.edu.au/participation/detcms/participation/participation/forms/forms.en
- Complete the below by clicking on the “complete here” links
What happens next?
We will be in contact with you closer to the start date of the course with your interview details. After your interview, we will send you an email which will confirm if you were successful or not. For more information, please contact MPA Skills on 9471 6660.
Construction Training Fund (CTF) $250.00 Pre-Apprenticeship Scholarship
After successful completion of the Pre-Apprenticeship, students may be eligible to claim the *$250.00 Pre-Apprenticeship Scholarship payment directly from CTF. Follow the link below for further information:
*Please note this payment must be claimed directly from CTF and is not claimed through MPA Skills
For more information, check out our flyers:
MPA Skills Course Fees for government subsidised training – Apprenticeships and Pre-Apprenticeships.
The indicative qualification fees include projected CPI adjustments.
**Please note, the below figures only show the Course Fee amount. Training Fees are made up of a Course & Resource Fee. To view the total fees payable for training please go to the Pre Apprenticeship section of this website where it will break down the exact amount payable.
- Client Handbook
- Click here for a summary of the current results of our Employer and Learner Surveys
- Payment Arrangement Form
- Click for more information on VET training
- Work Experience Information