MPA Skills offers a Pre-Apprenticeship for those still attending school and want to participate in the program during Year 11 and Year 12. The Certificate II qualification counts towards a student’s final results at school including the work experience component. These two programs are full funded by the Department of Training and Workforce Development so there is no Course Fee charged to the student however, some schools charge a training centre fee (please speak with your VET Coordinator for further details.)
There are now minimum entrance requirements to enter into a School Based Pre Apprenticeship program. Your school will need to make sure that you are work ready and academically capable of completing the program. Speak to your school VET Coordinator to find out more.
The two School Based Pre Apprenticeship programs on offer are:
- 52700WA Certificate II in Plumbing
- 52824WA Certificate II in Building Construction (Pathway – Trades) – Painting
To apply for the Plumbing or Painting School Based Pre Apprenticeship program you must complete the below 6 steps.
1. Read the School Based Pre App Fact Sheet
2. Choose a campus from the below list and complete the enrolment form (this does not confirm your place)
- John Forrest Secondary College – Morley
- St Norbert Catholic College – Queens Park
- Jandakot – MPA Skills – Jandakot
- Maylands – MPA Skills – Maylands
3. Important- On the last page of the enrolment process, you will see a section that says “Document Upload”. In this section, please upload a copy of your birth certificate, latest school report and previous qualifications (if you have any) eg- white card, first aid certificate, Cert II or III etc. Please note- without these documents, your enrolment will not be processed.
4. Completed Medical Form – complete here
5. Completed Media Release form – complete here
6. Complete the Work Experience form – complete here
What happens next?
We will be holding interviews for the 2020 School Based courses towards the end of 2019 (approx October/November). We will be in contact with you via email closer to this time with your interview details. After your interview, we will send you an email which will confirm if you were successful or not.
**Applications close on the 30th September**
**Please note, your placement in the course is subject to funding.
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the cost of training for eligible workers.
2020 CTF Scholarship Program
52700WA Certificate II in Plumbing (School Based)
The CTF Scholarship program is run by the Construction Training Fund which MPA Skills deliver at 4 campuses over 2 years (students commencing year 11 in 2020).
The four campuses are:
Belridge Secondary College
Bunbury Trade Training Centre
John Forrest Trade Training Centre
Jandakot – MPA Skills
Applications for the 2020 Scholarship Program are now open! Please click on the link to apply: CTF Scholarship Program
For more information please click here
The Construction Training Fund have worked with MPA Skills for many years to provide students with an opportunity to participate in the Try-A-Trade program which is wholly funded by CTF. Students will experience first hand some of the work that is carried out in the plumbing and painting & decorating industry.
A student will learn some basic hand skills plus they will learn about teamwork, leadership and health & safety in the workplace. Click on the link below for further information: